Manager of Decision Sciences
MaxDecisions, Inc. is seeking an experienced Manager of Decision Sciences to review and develop complex predictive models for our clients. Clients are a medium to large financial services companies. This position requires candidates to have a Master’s degree in statistics and at least 4 year of modeling experience working in the financial services industry. Any potential candidate will be proficient in scorecard development, data transformation, and segmentation analysis. Candidates should be able to clearly communicate and work well with people at all levels of the organization.
Candidates can look forward to regular client contact, a role in Manager of Data Sciences and proposal writing/methodology creation, and:
- Delivering statistical models for the Originations and Collections department.
- Undertaking knowledge discovery and data mining in large transactional datasets.
- Performing data extraction, transformation and loading from multiple data sources.
- Developing analytical datasets to support statistical modeling.
- Developing solutions for monitoring and reporting model performance, quality and reliability.
- Developing re-usable processes and methodologies for delivering analytical models in a structured fashion.
- Execution of all phases of modeling projects: identifying the business problem, data exploration, modeling, communication of final results, post implementation monitoring.
- Collaboration with various departments.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Create and maintain custom variables created using internal data as well as external sources
- Design, develop, test, deploy, monitor and support a variety of statistical models created in SAS for both Originations and Collections
- Work closely with other team members in the Risk Management Department to create vintage analysis and loss forecasts
- Provide guidance and advice on modeling techniques to use to create robust models based on available data
- MS in Statistics or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience with statistical modeling and data mining in financial services using large and complex datasets
- Experience with SAS, SQL, and KnowledgeStudio
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Master’s Degree in Statistics
- Statistical modeling: 4 year
- Development of loan origination score cards: 4 year
- Utilization of credit bureau data: 4 year
- Data mining: 4 years
- SAS, SQL, and Knowledge Studio: 4 years
- 1+ year of managing a growing team of statisticians